This is a go-to recipe that your family will devour. This recipe can be made on the stove-top or put in a slow cooker to enjoy after a long day at work or play. Also, don’t forget this on your Super Bowl menu!
The last time I made this soup my two year old said (without being prompted), “Thanks, mommy, for making this soup. It’s so yummy!” I think that’s all I need to say about it!
However, I will let you know that another great aspect of this recipe is that all you do is dump it together, heat it, and eat it! No complicated steps. In fact, besides browning the beef with the onions, the rest of the ingredients are all canned or prepackaged. As if it could even get better, you don’t even DRAIN the canned ingredients. No draining, or rinsing, just dumping!
Cheesy Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 small onion, chopped and browned with beef
- 1 lb velveeta (I know, I know. I never claimed it was healthy!)
- 15 1/4 oz can corn, undrained
- 2 – 15 oz cans black or kidney beans, undrained (I usually stick with black beans)
- 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes w/green chilies (as you can see in my picture, I used a can of diced tomatoes and a separate can of green chilies)
- 14 1/2 oz can stewed or crushed tomatoes
- 1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 1 envelope dry Taco Seasoning
- Toppings: corn chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker on low for 3+ hours.
DUMP it all in.
Add the Velveeta.
Brown the beef and onion.
Add beef and onions to the pot.
Heat thoroughly on stove top or crock pot. Top with your choice of toppings!
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE 4×6 RECIPE CARD: Cheesy Taco Soup